Friday, March 27, 2009

And there I was...

There's this store down the street on 1st that we call the Galeria. The store sells no produce, peanuts are worth half a Cuban month's salary, and all the store clerk gals wear killer lace tights. We usually run there to stand in line to buy $5 rum along with Cubans who stand in line to buy chorizo-flavored powder for soups and such. 

Today I went there wearing my favorite Yeah Yeah Yeahs tee, walking zombie-like after a sweaty, shopping day through the aisles. I looked through the cookie selection and eventually made my way past the hot sauce when at the corner of my eye I spot a short man in a jerzee. He looks semi-familiar and when I look back I notice his jerzee says Nash. I realize I am in this Cuban store with Steve Nash. 

I am no sports fan, but I know Nash Potatoes through the famous Nelly Furtado song "Promiscuous Gurrl". I got a little star struck. I followed him and his lady friend and the closer I got I heard Spanish coming from the Nasher himself. Does Stevie speak Spanish??

I paid for my rum and cookies and walked back home. It was almost dinner time and I was hungry.

We WikiResearched and after consulting with Chaunce and Megan we discovered that Nashiffer speaks fluent Spanish along with his wife. 


Life in Cuba just keeps getting beyond bizarre. Unfortch, I see Honorio and Chaunce packing right now so our time in Cuba is coming to an end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment