Sunday, March 29, 2009

La ultima pena

Tonight is my last night in Cuba. I've done almost everything I've wanted to while I was here. And the most amazing part is I've done everything I never expected to in my life. I stood in the kitchen tonight talking to Emma and we both fully, completely, absolutely realized how no one will ever understand our experience here in Havana. People will ask us how Cuba was and what do I say? "Oh it was great" would be the approachable, predictable answer. What I really want and should say is "Cuba is the most tragic, and beautiful place on Earth." Then I'll give them the link to this blog.

I glared at my room tonight after some packing and I just sat on my bed looking at the cozy, windowless room I've called home for the last three months...




Next time I write I'll probably be back in American society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment