Monday, February 2, 2009

Oh, Look at that Rock...

Today we went to the botantical gardens of Cuba. I've come to realize that everywhere I travel I always go to some form of a garden where I pay a fee to look at nature. For instance, when I went to Chicago I went with my boss and my fellow editor to the botanical gardens near Deerfield, Illinois. Then when I went to Israel we took a pleasant jeep trip treading some high mountains filled with pine trees and sage. 

Now I am here in Cuba, tip-toeing on palm trees and odd-shaped skeleton rocks

Afterwards, we went to a purely vegetarian restaurant in the park. It was one of the most exciting meals I've had yet. Pizza, pasta, hibiscus, spinach, potatoes, grits, boniato, lettuce, mustard, beets, vinegar, pineapple, guava juice, edible flowers...






We realized that at every meal we talk about eating. We wonder what we're going to have for dinner, foods we miss from home, what condiments would go perfectly with what we're eating at the time, which cheese is the best. We're such fatties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment